I pay close attention to every student for their musical progress & personal well-being.
Discover Your Natural Powerful Authentic Voice & Piano playing Sound with me!
Boost Your Confidence in Singing & playing Piano.
“Sunghee is patient, supportive and encouraging & truly cares about her students with a genuine warmth & positive vibe.”
– Hellen, Jen, Gemma, Jiona, Gordon, Hazel, Nicole, Janet, Soo, Mark & other students
Beginners, Intermediates, Advanced students are All Welcome.
I teach Every Age from children(4 years old), teens & adults(age unlimited)
I teach Various Styles of Songs including Pop, Jazz, R&B, Country, Folk, Funk, Rock, Blues, Reggae, Broadway, Classical.
Singing / Vocal / Voice Lessons
- How your Body works as an Instrument; learn how your Diaphragm, Vocal Folds, etc. work based on Human body Physiology
- How to Improve your Vocal pitch; learn how to Sing On key
- How to gain Power in your Voice; learn to sing with Power
- How to Expand your Vocal Range; learn how to hit higher & lower notes by breaking the vocal range limit
- How to avoid vocal strain & breaks; learn how to make your singing voice sound more natural, easier & smooth
- How to have a Stronger & Clearer voice; learn how to sing(or speak) with Clarity & Strength
- How to sing different styles of songs such as R&B, Pop, Jazz, Musical Theater, Rock, Blues, Country, Gospel, New Age, Reggae, Contemporary & Classical
- How to Overcome Stage Fright; learn how to enjoy Your Performance on a Stage
- How to Prevent Vocal Injuries; learn how to Properly Warm up your body & Mind before singing
; It is crucial to learn the parts & their functions of your vehicle, so you can drive it properly without any damages or injuries. This works the same in Singing. Learn how the essential parts of your Body especially vocal folds, diaphragm, etc, function as you sing, so you can use them appropriately with the proper Breathing technique, great Dynamics, Natural Tone & Wider Range, ‘coz Progress comes from correct information, full understanding & right implementation. It is human body physiology and it’s so interesting & eye-opening.
You can greatly improve your pitch by ear training and it can take from 3 weeks to a year depends on the individual. By learning to use your Diaphragm & Vocal Folds properly with good Breathing support, you can definitely have Clear Powerful voice. For Vocal range expanding the upper register is easier than expanding the lower register, ‘coz I found that there is more limitation to the lower register than upper register. With proper vocal exercises, techniques & singing in proper keys you can increase your vocal range. Your muscle is the part of your instrument for singing, and you can prevent vocal strain & breaks by learning how your thoughts control your body, how to use the diaphragm & voice box correctly along with using creative visualization technique.
It is perfectly normal to have fear of performing, ‘coz you are a human. However do not let the fear stop you singing in front of an audience. I had many students who prepared auditions, competitions, shows, etc. and they strut their stuff and had successful results by adapting correct knowledge, proper techniques and the right mind-set with great attitude & calm confident stage presence.
I have a large repertoire list, so you can have fun singing the styles of songs that you choose out of my repertoire list~; However I take your song request if you have an audition or a show.
- The proper Body Posture, Finger Positions at the Piano & the basics about Piano
- How to play Pop, R&B, Rock, Reggae, Country, Gospel, New Age, Blues, Jazz, Contemporary & Classical Piano Styles
- How to Read Music including Sight Reading Skills
- The Fundamental Essential Music Theory to Read Music Quickly & to Communicate with Other Musicians in a Band
- Intervals, Chords, Scales/Modes & Voicings; learn the crucial tools for modern music
- How to Play Piano By Ear; learn the customized methods to develop your ear
- How to Play a Piano Solo; learn how to Improvise
- How to Accompany a Soloist or Group on Piano
- How to Write a Song on Piano
- 12 Bar Blues & Walking Base Technique
- The Jazz Swing Feel; learn Jazz Swing Rhythm & Improvisation
- How to play different styles of Rhythm Riffs(short repetitive memorable phrases & musical ideas)
; Learning the fundamental music theory in the beginning really helps you learn piano(or any other musical instrument) quicker with solid foundation along with the basics for a piano player like the proper body posture, finger positions, etc. at the Piano. Music theory works as vocabularies for learning other language, so without learning some words, it’ll be hard to create sentences. It also helps you read music so much quicker & more accurately and helps you communicate with other musicians in a band. And this can improve your sight reading skills greatly.
After the learning the basics of music theory & reading music, you can learn the tools including intervals, chords, scales & modes to improvise a solo and to write songs. You can also learn how to play piano by ear using a customized ear training method just for you. You’ll also have Fun learning 12 Bar Blues, Walking Base technique, various styles of Rhythm Riffs that are some of my favorites! Without the Swing feel, jazz songs do not sound good(except Bossa Nova songs), so we can work on that together if you want. I teach Pop, R&B, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Gospel, New Age, Reggae, Contemporary & Classical Piano Styles.
“Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions Here!” 😊
‘Get Awesome Free Tips & Techniques
on Improving Your Voice & Piano Playing Sound!’