There are many benefits of deep breathing using a diaphragm that is also also called belly breathing, abdominal breathing.
Diaphragm is a big flat muscle which separates chest cavity and abdomen and it moves up and down pushing the air out especially as you sing or meditate or answer the call of nature. Just by breathing with using the diaphragm and focusing on the abdomen can significantly improve your health preventing numerous illness without any cost! It is free and you just need to relearn how to breathe deeply using the diaphragm.
We are all born with the capacity of deep diaphragmatic breathing if you were a healthy child, but as we get older because of stress, pollution, smoking, junk foods, illness, unhealthy life style , etc., we start to breathe with using the chest which is shallow, tense, anxious, stressful way of breathing.
11 benefits of Deep Diaphragmatic Breathing
Deep diaphragmatic breathing is a fundamental element for singers who uses their body as an instrument. In other words diaphragmatic breathing is essential to singing.
So here are several benefits of deep diaphragm/belly breathing. 11 benefits of Deep Diaphragmatic Breathing
1. Deep diaphragmatic breathing maximizes oxygen and carbon dioxide supply.; Air you breathe in is made of only 21% of oxygen. And the rest is filled with 78% of nitrogen, about 1% of carbon dioxide/CO2, methane, helium, other gases & also dust, microbes, spores from plants and water!
2. Deep belly breathing makes your lungs & heart stronger.
3. Deep abdominal breathing makes your posture better.
4. Deep diaphragmatic breathing helps the nervous system to improve.
5. Deep belly breathing improve your feelings & emotions by producing serotonin, the happy hormone.
6. Deep abdominal breathing changes brain waves from beta waves of restlessness, anxiety, stress, tension to alpha waves of relaxation, creativity, peacefulness, well-being.
7. Deep diaphragmatic breathing releases tension and stress by lowering cortisol, the stress hormone.
8. Deep belly breathing builds muscles.
9. Deep abdominal breathing makes you relax and help you clear your mind.
10. Deep diaphragmatic breathing elevates your energy.
11. Deep belly breathing makes the immune system stronger.
So learn to breathe deeply with the diaphragm and singing is a great way to strengthen your diaphragm, keep you healthy & happy!
‘Get Awesome Free Tips & Techniques
on Improving Your Voice & Piano Playing Sound!’